Direct doctoral track track 2014 –
Advisor: Prof. Izhak Bucher
Full CV – Download
Office: Lady Davis Building 365
- Mechanical vibrations and nonlinear dynamics
- Parametric resonators and amplifiers
- Acoustics, fluid structure interaction, and standing wave acoustic levitation
- Experimental identification and modeling of vibrating structures
- Parametrically exciting an acoustically levitated sphere in a single-axis ultrasonic levitator.
- Parametrically excited mechanisms for selective detection in distributed systems and alternating the radiated acoustic spectrum.
Standing-wave Acoustic Levitation
Topology optimizationTest case – a beam’s cross section optimization for noise reduction
Standing-wave Acoustic LevitationOperating mode shape of the actuator. Actuator induced field pressure.
The MDOF amplifier response to external excitation without parametric excitation and with parametric excitation tuned to the second mode (00:7).
The MDOF amplifier response to external excitation without parametric excitation and with parametric excitation tuned to the third mode (00:11).
The realization of a link (spring and dashpot) (00:11) between the first and third masses.
- Dolev, A., and Bucher I., “Optimizing the dynamical behavior of a dual frequency parametric amplifier with quadratic and cubic nonlinearities,” Nonlinear Dynamics(2018). Doi:10.1007/s11071-018-4174-5
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I,. “Dual frequency parametric excitation of a nonlinear multi degree of freedom mechanical amplifier with electronically modified topology,”Journal of Sound and Vibration 419 (2018): 420-435. doi: 10.1016/j.jsv.2018.01.008.
- Gabai, R., Farkash, B., Plat, H., Dolev, A., and Bucher I., “A vibrating mechanism for large amplitude, non-reciprocal motion, exploiting multiple buckling modes,” Mechanism and Machine Theory 121 (2018): 613-632. doi: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2017.11.022
- Tresser, S., Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “Dynamic balancing of super-critical rotating structures using low-speed data via parametric excitation,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 415 (2017): 59-77. doi: 10.1016/j.jsv.2017.11.029
- Bucher, I., Gabai, R., Plat, H., Dolev, A., and Setter, E., “Experimental travelling waves identification in mechanical structures,” Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids. (2017): 1081286517732825. doi: 10.1177/1081286517732825.
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I,. “Experimental and Numerical Validation of Digital, Electromechanical, Parametrically Excited Amplifiers.”Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 138, no. 6 (2016): 061001. doi:10.1115/1.4033897
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I,. “Tuneable, non-degenerated, nonlinear, parametrically-excited amplifier.”Journal of Sound and Vibration 361 (2016): 176-189. doi:10.1016/j.jsv.2015.09.048
Journals Papers in Preparation
- Dolev, A., Tresser, S., and Bucher I., “Balancing rotating structures using slow-speed data via parametric excitation and nonlinear feedback theory and experiment,”
- Bucher, I., and Dolev, A., “Method and system for parametric amplification,” Unites States, Patent, No. US 20170040913 A1.”
Refereed papers in conference proceeding
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “In situ topology modification for increased sensitivity in a multi-degree-of-freedom parametric amplifier,” ICCES 2017 – International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Science, Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal, June 26-30, 2017.
- Bucher, I., Tresser, S., and Dolev, A., “Detecting imbalance of high-speed rotors with dual frequency parametric excitation,” ICCES 2017 – International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Science, Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal, June 26-30, 2017.
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “Analytical, numerical and experimental investigation of a tunable, nonlinear multi-degree-of-freedom parametrically excited amplifier”, ISMA 2016 – International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering, Leuven, Belgium, September 19-21, 2016.
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “A parametric amplifier for weak, low-frequency forces”, IDETC/CIE 2015 – Proceeding of the ASME 2015 international design engineering technical conferences and computers & information in engineering conference, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, August 2-5, 2015. doi:10.1115/DETC2015-46273
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “A new paradigm for parametric mechanical amplifier”, DINAME 2015 – Proceedings of the XVII International Symposium on Dynamic Problems of Mechanics, Natal, RN, Brazil, February 22-27, 2015.
Other conference contributions
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “Dual frequency parametric excitation of a nonlinear multi degree-of-freedom amplifier”, the 1 MOST Conference, Tel-Aviv, Israel, June 18, 2017.
- Tresser, S., Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “Balancing high speed flexible rotors using low rotation speed via parametric excitation”, the 34 ICME, Haifa, Israel, November 22-23, 2016.
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “Tunable parametrically excited amplifier for selective detection in distributed systems”, the 33 ICME, Tel-Aviv, Israel, March 2, 2015.
- Dolev, A., and Bucher, I., “Balancing a fast rotating system while spinning at low rotation speeds”, Predictive maintenance, harshness monitoring, society meeting, Haifa, Israel, January 8, 2015.