Direct doctoral track: 2014 – 2019
Advisor: Prof. Izhak Bucher
Full CV (2019) – Download
- Mechanical vibrations and nonlinear dynamics.
- Parametric resonators and amplifiers.
- Acoustics, fluid structure interaction, and standing wave acoustic levitation.
- Experimental identification and modeling of vibrating structures.
- Parametrically exciting an acoustically levitated sphere in a single-axis ultrasonic levitator.
- Parametrically excited mechanisms for selective detection in distributed systems and alternating the radiated acoustic spectrum.
VideosAcoustically levitated particle/s by a single-axis acoustic levitator, subjected to principal parametric resonance. Operating mode shape of the actuator.
Actuator induced field pressure.
The MDOF amplifier response to external excitation without parametric excitation and with parametric excitation tuned to the second mode (00:7).
The MDOF amplifier response to external excitation without parametric excitation and with parametric excitation tuned to the third mode (00:11).
The realization of a link (spring and dashpot) (00:11) between the first and third masses.
VideosTest case – a beam’s cross section optimization for noise reduction
- Dolev, A., Davis, S. & Bucher, I. (2019). Noncontact dynamic oscillations of acoustically levitated Particles by parametric excitation.Physical Reviw Applied, 12(3), 034031.
- Bucher, I., Gabai, R., Plat, H., Dolev, A., & Setter, E. (2019). Experimental travelling waves identification in mechanical structures. Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 24(1), 152-167.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018). Optimizing the dynamical behavior of a dual-frequency parametric amplifier with quadratic and cubic nonlinearities. Nonlinear Dynamics, 92(4), 1955-1974.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018). Dual frequency parametric excitation of a nonlinear, multi degree of freedom mechanical amplifier with electronically modified topology. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 419, 420-435.
- Gabai, R., Farkash, B., Plat, H., Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018). A vibrating mechanism for large amplitude, non-reciprocal motion, exploiting multiple buckling modes. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 121, 613-632
- Tresser, S., Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018). Dynamic balancing of super-critical rotating structures using slow-speed data via parametric excitation. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 415, 59-77.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2016). Experimental and numerical validation of digital, electromechanical, parametrically excited amplifiers. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 138(6), 061001.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2016). Tuneable, non-degenerated, nonlinear, parametrically-excited amplifier. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 361, 176-189.
Refereed Papers in Conference Proceeding
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018, February). Levitated and parametrically excited sphere dynamics in a single-axis ultrasonic levitator. In NODYCON2019 – First International Nonlinear Dynamics Conference. Springer, Cham.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018, September). Balancing rotating structures using slow-speed data via optimized parametric excitation and nonlinear feedback. In ISMA2018 – International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering.
- Tresser, S., Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2018, September). Balancing High-Speed Rotors at Low Rotation Speeds Using Parametric Excitation. In International Conference on Rotor Dynamics (pp. 327-339). Springer, Cham.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2017, June). In situ topology modification for increased sensitivity in a multi-degree-of-freedom parametric amplifier. In ICCES2017 – International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences.
- Bucher, I., Tresser, S., & Dolev, A. (2017, June). Detecting imbalance of high-speed rotors with dual frequency parametric excitation. In ICCES2017 – International Conference on Computational & Experimental Engineering and Sciences.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2016, September). Analytical, numerical and experimental investigation of a tunable, nonlinear multi-degree-of-freedom parametrically excited amplifier. In ISMA2016 – International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering.
- Dolev, A., & Bucher, I. (2015, August). A parametric amplifier for weak, low-frequency forces. In ASME 2015 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (pp. V006T10A046-V006T10A046). American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Bucher, I., & Dolev, A. (2015, February). A new paradigm for parametric mechanical amplifier. In diname 2015 – Proceedings of the 17thInternational Symposium on Dynamic Problems of Mechanics. Associação Brasileira de Engenharia e Ciências Mecânicas.